Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Easter Excitement by Sherry Surratt, MOPS CEO & President


Let’s hide ‘em again mom!” This came from my three-year-old son, Mike, as he held up his striped Easter Basket brimming full of plastic eggs that we had just discovered in the back yard. I wondered briefly if I could persuade him to pursue another activity that didn’t involve me stooping, bending and trying to think of even more new hiding places. What in the world is so fun about finding the same eggs over and over again? But Mike loved it. I hid the eggs several more times, and with each discovery he’d call out “I got ANOTHER one!” in a sweet, excited squeal.

As I think back over all the Easters in my life and the ones yet to come, I yearn for that same fresh anticipation. Though it happened long ago, it was my Lord and Savior Jesus who so freely gave his life for me. Though I hadn’t yet been born, God was willing to send his only son to die for me.
 
"God, don’t let me forget what an incredible
love you have for me, even though
I’ve done nothing to deserve it."

This Easter, I’m asking God to give me child-like excitement over Good Friday and Easter Sunday. God had an incredible plan so many years ago that isn’t just a story written in a book. It was the ultimate design that made a way for you and me to be forgiven, cleansed and restored. God knew we couldn’t do this ourselves and he loved us so incredibly much that he made a way. And the way cost him dearly; the price of his son Jesus.

I invite you to experience this Easter with fresh eyes. Read the story of Jesus’ death and resurrection in John 20-21, and let God remind you that this was for YOU. You are loved, treasured, sought after. He desperately wants to know you and have a relationship with you.



"For God so loved the world that He gave His only son, that whosoever believes in Him, shall not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16 "

No comments:

Post a Comment